This yummy concoction reminds me of my good friend Ea. She use to make this right in her Brita pitcher. I fell in love with it in one sip. I always wanted to make this water and finally today I did. I added in some mint as I followed Kim Vallee’s recipe. I hope you enjoy the fresh taste of this water as much as I do. It’s such a great way to give your every day water a new fresh flavor. It will now be a staple drink in our home.
In order for the cucumber to fully release its juice, you need to prepare it the day before your intend to drink it.
- 1 cucumber, sliced and unpeeled + 6-7 cucumber slices for decoration
- 1 1/2 to 2 liters of water
- 3 mint sprigs + 2 mint sprigs for decoration
- Half a lemon, sliced and unpeeled
- Ice cubes
- In a pitcher, mix the water, cucumber, 3 mint sprigs and lemon. Let it rest on the fridge for 24 hours. If you prepare the water at the last minute, cut the first cucumber in three or four pieces. Then, squeeze the cucumber pieces to release all the juice.
- Before serving remove the cucumber slices used to flavor the water. Then stir with a wooden spoon, add some ice cubes, 6 or 7 fresh cucumber slices and the remaining 2 mint sprigs. Enjoy this refreshing drink.
Cucumber water improves the taste of tap water. Spa experts already experience the benefits of cucumber water for improving the look of your skin. On top of it, this drink is simple to make at home.