- 4 slices bacon
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- olive oil or cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2.5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 (10 oz) package romaine salad
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup shredded carrots (about 2 carrots)
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernal corn, thawed
- 1 ripe peeled avocado, cut into 8 wedges
- Cook bacon until crisp. Remove from skillet and cut in half crosswise. Wipe pan clean with paper towels. Increase heat to medium-high. Sprinkle shrimp with paprika and pepper. Coat pan with olive oil or cooking spray. Add shrimp and cook 2 minutes on each side until done. Sprinkle with 1/8 tsp of salt; toss to coat.
- While the shrimp cooks, combine remaining 1/8 tsp salt, juice, oil and mustard in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add lettuce; toss to coat.
- Arrange about 1.5 cups lettuce mixture on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with about 6 shrimp, 1/2 cup tomatoes, 1/4 cup carrot, 1/4 cup corn, 2 avocado wedges, and 2 bacon pieces.