My good friend, Christina Snowden, has helped me so much learning quick meals for the family. She told me about this recipe from the Crock Pot Girls, and wow is it tasty. But best of all, it’s a quick simple meal you can throw together in the morning so dinner is ready when you get home from work. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Feel free to substitute any ingredients you wish, and increase/decrease amounts for the size of your family!
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 (10.75 oz) can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 oz) can of cream of celery soup
- 3 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup peas and corn (optional)
- Chicken boullion seasoning or cube
- salt & pepper
*As for the dumplings… You can make your own dumplings, or use 1 (10 oz) package of refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces.
- EXCLUDING THE BISCUITS put all ingredients in…
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- About an hour (give or take) before serving, remove chicken and pull into pieces and return to the soup mixture, place the torn biscuit dough in and cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.
(Serves a lot, 6 or more)